Sunday

Facing The Medical Music | What It Means To Get Sick

Getting sick shows us how fragile we are; how fleeting life is. One bout of high blood pressure, pneumonia or even the measles can take you out. It can make you pray like you've never prayed before. And it can make you look at things through a different lens.


Funny how trauma causes one to be introspective and spiritual. However, at the root of a medical event is fear at its fundamental best. 

We are this complex human machine which is fragile and subject to break down at any given moment. The body can completely shut down leaving your loved ones and friends to funeralize you. Or it can break down in parts giving you a chance o repair what's weak or the alternative, face the eternal music. 

Like a car that needs brakes or a motor, your body can become worn and tired from abuse and misuse and it responds in kind. Doctors may try to fix it or maybe they just use sick people for lab experiments? They try this medicine, run that test, just to see what works, or if it works. Like heating up a mixture of chemicals over a Bunsen Burner, one mixture of a pharmaceutical cocktail could sustain one part of your body yet create a problem in another area. It's all scientific - one big chemistry formula directed at a living being that has a physical abnormality.  When it's your body being poked and prodded your level of discomfort is relative to how bad you want the sickness to go away. Sometimes you don't get to choose. 

Try getting shot and discover you don't have a choice as to the technique being used to save your life. A surgeon will quickly grab scissors to cut your clothes off you just to get the chance to cut through your flesh to remove the thing inside you that threatens to shut your machine of a body down.  Then you'll get sewn back together like a piece of fabric. But I digress, the greater good was to save a life. At the end of the day that's the end game; to save a life. Side effects, scientific experiments be damned! Doesn't matter how you get to Vegas just as long as you get there. 

Thank you doctors and nurses for putting me back together again.

1 comment:

  1. I am here to give my testimony about chief dr lucky who helped me in my life, i want to inform the public how i was cured from herpes simplex virus by chief dr lucky, i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedy on herpes and i saw comment of people talking about how chief dr lucky cured them. when i contacted him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me that i took and it seriously worked for me, am a free person now without problem, my herpes result came out negative. I pray for you chief dr lucky am cured you can also get your self cured my friends if you really need my doctor help, you can reach him now.
    Email: chiefdrlucky@gmail.com Call or What's App +2348132777335
    Website : http://chiefdrluckysolutionhome.website2.me/

    ReplyDelete