Choosing an in-home heating unit can be tricky, there are thousands of brands and models to sift through. How do you choose the right one for you? There are a few factors to consider when choosing a furnace for your home.
1. BrandMany furnaces in today's market have proven to be reliable and offer limited or lifetime warranties. HeatandCool.com carries a wide selection of Klimaire and Lennox furnaces, they also offer unlimited technical support and a hassle free warranty processing.
2. Efficiency 80% or 95%Over time furnaces become less efficient. If you are looking for a replacement furnace your current unit is likely at 50% efficiency. An upgrade will certainly save you gas and money. If you're going to be in a home for 5 years or less an 80% would be a great investment and offer you savings on gas. Of course 95% units are helpful for resale value if you plan to sell. If you plan on being in your home for 5 years or more, it makes a lot of sense to go with the 95%. HeatandCool.com offers an incredible selection of 80% efficiency units at low prices!
3. Rebates (Incentives)Many furnace manufacturers offer rebates or incentives on higher efficiency heating units. In 2011 gas companies started offering $200 to $250 rebate to install a 95% unit offsetting a lot of the cost difference. This rebate will help offset the cost of your new unit. Many of the furnaces at HeatandCool.com qualify for this federal tax rebate.
4. 1 Stage vs. 2 Stage FurnaceThe stage refers to the burners and gas valve in the furnace. If you have a single stage furnace, all 100.000 BTUs come on at once all the time whether it's 50 Degrees or -10 degrees. The 2 stage offers a gas saving solution that makes the burners and gas valve run at 60% capacity, so that same 100.000 BTU furnace now becomes a 60.000 BTU furnace or a 100.000 BTU furnace, depending on outside temperature.
5. Variable Speed vs. Non-Variable SpeedThis refers to the furnace blower. Most manufactures give you a standard 4 speed blower: low, med low, med high, and high. This means that it is not variable speed. It means you have 4 speeds. Before considering this investment to variable speed ask yourself, is my home comfortable now? If you answered yes, then you probably don't need variable speed. If you answered no then you should consider a system that maximizes comfort. HeatandCool.com offers a great selection of variable speed and non-variable speed units.
With all these things considered you are ready to select a new furnace! HeatandCool.com offers an incredible selection of heating units at low prices. You get FREE shipping and pay no sales tax outside of Florida. Right now you can save 40% on select gas furnaces.