Monday

People Aren't Rejecting You, They're Rejecting Your Opportunity

I want to continue the conversation about making cold calls. I realized that I hit a nerve with that last post, and maybe we need to dig a little deeper into why we dread making cold calls.



Rejection is Progress



Cold calls are dreaded because we don't want to be rejected. Being rejected is not a good feeling, as a matter of fact, we fear rejection so much that it makes us not want to make those calls to strangers. It's takes rejection to make sales, so when those prospects tell you no, or hang up the phone on you, think of it as progress. Nothing else. It's not a setback, rejection is making you better, stronger. Your presentation is getting better, it's the practice that makes perfect. If you want to be taken serious, be consistent.



People are not rejecting you, they are rejecting your opportunity.



Brandon Janous, Global Ambassador for ViSalus was rejected 6 months by his best friend before he decided to join. Keep in mind it takes rejection to make sales. So expect it. Understand that rejection is normal. They are only rejecting you now. It has to be the right time for someone to join you in your business. Maybe it's not the right time, understand you can't quit, you can't give up. Stay consistent in what you do. Think about what it took for you to join your opportunity. You joined when it was the right time. So, if you're rejected today, it doesn't mean you're rejected forever. The more rejections you get, the faster you're going to get. It makes it easier to overcome those rejections when you keep going. Keep calling. Where some won't, one will. Remember, it's not about you.



You don't need them, but they need you



Think of it this way, you know you're presenting an opportunity to a prospect and they need what you're presenting. But, they tell you no. Don't sweat it. You have an awesome product to share, you can help them increase their bank accounts, you have the power to change their lives, if they let you. So, understand you hold the keys to their prosperity. If they are not ready to act on that, don't worry, go to the next one. Whatever you do, don't give up!

Listen to motivational tapes or read the books



When you are down go up, when you're up go down--Get out of your comfort zone, that's where your success lies! Whatever you do keep your head up, the more rejections you get, the more confident you'll become. I make 40-50 calls a day to small and medium business owners, I leave voicemails when they're not there, and send emails when I have their email address. Out of all those activities, I usually have a 10% success rate. But, I am simply calling to discover their business challenges, not to sell them anything. If I got down on myself doing this job, I would have quit a long time ago. My job has given me confidence to call on prospects to build my network marketing business. All things in divine order right? I also read motivational books, to keep my mind off the negative and to focus more on the positive. At the end of the day, just keep smiling and dialing. Trust me, that major sale is just around the corner.

Your Challenge Kit awaits you! Why wait? Contact me by leaving a comment below or go to my page and check out the video: Click here to see the video

No comments:

Post a Comment