Wednesday

I Am Truly Thankful And Grateful

Here we are again, Thanksgiving is upon us. The day before Black Friday, seems like folks look forward to Black Friday more than Thanksgiving lol. But have you ever thought about people who are in their homes who don’t have anything to look forward to on either Thanksgiving or Black Friday. For some this whole holiday season is just depressing and sad.


There are people, some you may know, that won’t celebrate New Year’s Day, Christmas, or Thanksgiving because it is the saddest time of the year. But then there are families right here in America that can’t afford to buy a turkey to put on their table. They are struggling to make ends meet and a turkey is an expense that is not in the budget.



I remember when 2 and a half years into my dysfunctional marriage, how the day before Thanksgiving, we didn’t have a turkey. I didn’t know from one day to the next how we would eat, you see my ex-husband was an abusive, drug addict.  He would beat on me just because he wanted to. I know now he beat me because I reminded him of what he didn’t deserve, of his dislike for himself.  To be free of that marriage, that life, I am forever thankful and grateful.


So while you’re out celebrating this day, as well as this holiday season, keep in mind there is someone out there that wishes they had it as good as you do.  Stay blessed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment