Wednesday

Walk By Faith, Not By Sight

I believe you already know God’s will for your life. It has already been revealed to you, but as Christians we reside in 2 groups: those that are waiting for God to tell them what to do with their gifts and talents, and those that are doing their gifts and talents. The ones who are waiting for God to tell them what to do are not living nor walking by faith. They are waiting for proof, waiting for that fantastic ‘it’ to happen. There is a spiritual misunderstanding with that way of living. ‘It’ has already happened to you; you just haven’t done anything with ‘it.’

Because we are told as Christians to live a life of expectancy, we also misinterpret that. We still sit and wait for life to happen to us. It’s like watching the news, we are watching what has already happened instead of being the impetus of the thing that happens. See you can be a news watcher, or you can be a news creator. 

Here is a real life example of what is being revealed to me right now by The Holy Spirit. (I’m not afraid of someone stealing my idea either because what is for me is for me, period.)













I’m doing product photography for small E-Commerce business owners. I don’t have all the equipment I need to make this a reality, however, I’m working with what I have until I have everything I need. At first I put a halt to this vision by using as the excuse that I didn’t have all the equipment I needed to make this a reality. However, I have a gift, an eye for photography and have never used Photoshop to enhance my photos. This isn’t me being braggadocios, it is me living in expectancy of Christ blessing everything I do for the edification of the kingdom using my gift of photography.  

So, I am back on the path of where Christ is leading me with the gift that He gave me. This produces action, it produces an outcome from my faith (“We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight.”) I’ve already set up an E-Commerce store for one of my photo products, now I’m doing the product photography, while still shooting photos for my store. You are curious I know, whether I’ve made any money from these ‘gifts?’  Funny you should ask that. God never said I would, He just told me to do it! This is what obedience looks like, doing what The Holy Spirit has placed on my heart without question, without asking why you’re doing it, without always expecting a financial reward.  Just do it! Just live in the moment, in the spiritual moment and left Him get the glory. 

And to end this, yes I do promote online products other than those within my gifts. The funds I earn from these efforts allow me to bless others more frequently. Yeah, that’s what I do everyday. I pray all that read this will find their own gifts and talents given to them by God. I pray they will just do it, just walk by faith not by sight and not worry about if it doesn’t work, or if they don’t make enough money.  Remember what you do now is to prepare you for greater work in the kingdom later. I ask these things in Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment